Friday, October 10, 2008

What a week...

So, Monday I left work early cuz I was having some pains in my lower right side area. I went to the nurse at my job who encouraged me to go to the ER just to get things checked out. So I left work, met my mom at the train station and went to the hospital. We arrived there around 11:15pm and we were surprised at all of the new additions to the hospital. Then within about 15mins they called me and i went to the back. I changed into my gown and played the waiting game lol. Now I mind you, i had prob 3 doctors come in and ask me the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. I understand that the FNGs (freakin new guys) have to learn but i was just gettin aggravated of sounding like a broken record player. So they all take turns pokin me and prodding me like i was cattle. (aggravation increases). So they do the first ultrasound and i get to see my lil ones long arms and legs moving around on the screen. Saw the heartbeat and it was just a wonderful feeling. Soon as the tech was done, my mom comes in and just misses it, but im told I'll be getting another one done later. Fast forward to ultrasound two and mommy gets to witness it this time, all she says is "look at those arms n legs" lol. The tech said this ultrasound was inconclusive in regards to my pain so me and my mom is like sooooooooooo whats next? Then head of surgery comes in and is like we wanna make sure its NOT your appendix so they poke n prod some more. Then OBGYN comes down and says its most likely round ligament pain. I had one persistent doctor who felt strongly that I should stay and get a MRI done (safer than a CT scan) to make sure it isnt my appendix. So around 4am im told im going to be admitted. For a hot second, i was scared but knew it was for the best interests of me and the baby. 5:15am I get situated in my room and for some reason I knew that i wouldnt have this MRI anytime soon and I was right lol. 2pm was the time scheduled for my MRI and guess what? I havent eaten since around 7pm the night before when i left work, and COULDNT eat til I got the results of the MRI. Those results came like almost 6pm, and by this time im starving, ready to eat my arm and have the worst headache in the world lol. When I saw that tray of hospital food, I inhaled it, YES inhaled it lol, the salmon, mashed potatoes and corn tasted like it came from a 5 star restaurant lol.

In the end, everything turned out well, me and lil one are fine and as of today im 16 weeks 1 day. Ive been feeling more and more movements lately and it just feels sooooo amazing. Ima appreciate these lil taps n flutters now cuz i know the kicks are gonna be no joke lol

heres a sneak peek lol last week 15 weeks and 2 days

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Wow Girl sounds eventful!!!! I understand why you have been MIA on the Tube LOL! Your Baby Bump is cute on You!!! Which sex would you prefer Girl or Boy? I had round ligament pain really bad with my last baby and it was so bad I would cry somedays , but I ended up getting a maternity support belt and it helped a lot!!! HTH Be Blessed!!